Ayumi has a BSc in physical geography and an MSc in environmental sciences and management. Ayumi joined ITOPF as a Technical Adviser in October 2022 and is part of the Americas team.
Prior to joining ITOPF, Ayumi worked as a spill preparedness and response specialist for marine, freshwater, and land-based incidents in Canada and the US. Ayumi has several years of experience working in the field of environmental emergencies, first as a senior officer for the government of Canada, and then as a consultant. Her main areas of expertise are risk analysis, shoreline science and assessment, including fate and behaviour of hydrocarbons on shorelines, NEBA and shoreline response including SCAT, as well as contingency planning and project management. Her previous roles in emergency management and spill preparedness and response also bring significant experience in incident command, in the development and provision of exercises and training, and collaborating with various stakeholders such as industry, government, Indigenous Peoples and NGOs.
- THERRIEN, A. 2022. Intégration du programme d’intervention sur les rives (PIR) à l’intervention aux déversements d’hydrocarbures au Canada : étude de cas et conception d’une méthodologie pour sa mise en place dans le milieu des interventions sur les rives, Savoirs, Université de Sherbrooke, QC, Canada, 68p. http://hdl.handle.net/11143/19323
- LAFOREST, S., GAUVREAU, M., THERRIEN, A., DEMERS, A.-M., BRITTON, L., GOLDTHORP, M., WATSON, K. and LAMBERT, P. 2022. In Press. The Objectives and Results of ECCC’s Shoreline Working Group, Proceedings of the Forty-fourth AMOP Technical Seminar, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- HARPER, J., BRITTON, L., CARY, K., DALEY, S., CHIEF JACK, J. JR., GEORGE, N., SCHER, Z., SHEEHAN, J., THERRIEN, A. 2022. In Press. The 2021 Bligh Island, British Columbia SCAT Survey—Case Study, Proceedings of the Forty-fourth AMOP Technical Seminar, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- THERRIEN, A., LAMBERT, P.G., DEMERS, A.-M., LAFOREST, S. and DUFFE, J. 2018. Environmental Emergency Shoreline Segmentation Datasets: The Evolution to Open Accessible Data, Proceedings of the Forty-first AMOP Technical Seminar, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada, pp. 394–407
- GOLDTHORP, M.D., LAFOREST, S., LAMBERT, P.G., MIRNAGHI, F.S., WATSON, K.G. and THERRIEN, A. 2018. Measurement of Oil in Water Using a Field Fluorometer, Proceedings of the Forty-first AMOP Technical Seminar, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Ottawa, ON, Canada, pp. 1267–1282
- ECCC. 2022. Guidance Document to Support the Use of Surface Washing Agents in Oil Spill Response in Canada. In Prep. A report prepared on behalf of ECCC by Triox Environmental Emergencies.
- ECCC. 2020. The Freshwater Shoreline Response Field Guide. In Press. A report prepared on behalf of ECCC by Triox Environmental Emergencies and Owens Coastal Consultants.