- In Action
- Knowledge & Resources
- About Us
- News & Events
- Members / Associates
Senior Technical Adviser
Miguel Patel joined ITOPF as a Technical Adviser in October 2011. He has a degree in Zoology and a Master's Degree in Environmental Management, with research experience in ecotoxicology, population dynamics and habitat restoration.
Since joining ITOPF, Miguel has attended numerous ship-source pollution incidents internationally, including spills of bunker fuel, crude oil, HNS and solid bulk cargoes. As part of ITOPF's technical advisory role, Miguel has provided assistance on clean-up techniques, environmental monitoring and claims and compensation following spills in Europe, Africa, South America and Asia. He has also participated in numerous oil spill exercises, drills, inter-governmental workshops and conferences internationally.
ITOPF Working Groups
Miguel is lead of the Training & Education Functional Group.
He also heads up the Environmental Damage Working Group .
- 09/10/2015 - ITOPF attends US Coastguard training courses
- 05/11/2015 - GARD/ITOPF Seminar, Arendal, October 2015
- 01/03/2016 - Post-spill monitoring workshop
- 09/05/2016 - Staff news
- 30/06/2016 - ITOPF runs pollution response workshop in Brazil
- 16/12/2016 - ITOPF participates in an exchange programme on oil spill response in China
- 24/05/2017 - Pollution Seminar & Workshop, Argentina
- 11/09/2017 - ITOPF in Brazil
- 19/11/2018 - ITOPF supports events in Brazil
- 23/10/2019 - National Workshop on Claims and Compensation, Malaysia
- 23/10/2019 - P&I Seminar, Mexico