Live Webinar: Locked down but still responding: Managing a marine oil spill during a pandemic
Richard Johnson to present on how ITOPF rises to the challenge of responding to shipping incidents during the current pandemic. Along with other experts from London P&I Club, ITOPF, OSRL and Navigate Response the webinar will take a practical look at how an oil spill response could be mobilised in our current world of social distancing, quarantines and travel restrictions. Based around imagined major vessel source pollution incidents in Asia and Europe, the webinar will explore the challenges and solutions associated with mobilising a response including:
- Strategies for hitting the ground running: Operational challenges presented by Covid-19
- How P&I Clubs can minimise the impacts of lockdown on effective incident management
- Remote solutions: How evaluations and sharing of expertise can be completed remotely
- Managing the media: When your incident gives everyone a break from Covid-19 coverage
- Practical preparedness: Steps that “risk owners” can, and should, be taking now
- Engaging with local stakeholders: “Showing up” when you can’t actually show up
Richard Johnson, Technical Director, ITOPF
Dustin Eno, COO & Crisis Response Manager, Navigate Response
Steve Storey, Shipping and Salvage Engagement Manager, Oil Spill Response Ltd.
Simon Chapman, Senior Claims Manager, The London P&I Club
We will be running two sessions of this free 1-hour live webinar so you can join us at a time that suits you!
Thursday, 28 May 2020
- 0800 GMT / 0900 UK / 1600 Singapore
- 1500 GMT / 1600 UK / 1100 New York