- In Action
- Knowledge & Resources
- About Us
- News & Events
- Members / Associates
Contingency Planning & Advice
ITOPF regularly advises governments and industry on the preparation of contingency plans and other matters related to marine pollution.
These activities give us an opportunity to pass on messages of good practice outside the pressurised environment of a spill. They also maintain our exposure to governments, organisations and systems that we might be working with in the future.
Recent examples include:
- Developing and contributing to IMO guidelines and model courses
- Contributing to IPIECA/OGP Joint Industry Project (JIP) funded by 16 oil industry members to address recommendations on the operational aspects of offshore operations and the ability of an operator to respond in the event of an oil spill or well blowout.
- Providing an advisory note to the UK P&I Club explaining the new amendments to MARPOL Annex V that came into force on 1st January 2013
- Contributing to a review process of the performance of Shell Trading & Shipping Company against their HSSE (health, safety, security and environment) and SP (social performance) manual on oil spill preparedness and response
- Supporting REMPEC in reviewing the Cyprus National Contingency Plan
- Providing recommendations to P&I Clubs and their shipowner members with regard to SPRO (Ship Pollution Response Organisation) rates for vessels, equipment, materials and personnel in China
If you would like advice or assistance with your contingency planning